Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Inspired 5 ~ Love!

What does LOVE look like, feel like, taste like, sound like, smell like?

Love has been a tricky word for me lately. Having my heart broken into smithereens has made me question romantic love. I suppose that tends to happen when you're mourning the loss of the love of your life. But there are gentle reminders everywhere I look and for that I am eternally grateful.
Love looks like the beautiful bond between me and my little man 


Love looks like sisters who adore each other...


Love looks like the fire between lovers on their magical wedding day...


Love feels like big heartfelt hugs between pre teen besties...


Love feels like the happy self portraits of grown up besties..


Love feels like a full out D-rated swoonfest...Ten Mile House nights of mayhem at the Pogue ruled!


Love feels like my heart bursting wide open when I spent time with my idol, Miss Pamela Des Barres...and telling her she was the inspiration for the tattoo I had gotten two days before...


Love tastes like Valentine Hersheys kisses melting in your mouth...


Love tastes like sugary Valentine shortbread cookies...


Love sounds like me and Conlan weak with laughter on Dominion Beach boardwalk...


Love sounds like TJ serenading Leanne with Keb Mo's "Every Morning" as she walks up the sandy dune to become his wife...


Love sounds like Motley fuckin' Crue on stage and Nikki's blistering bass as he poses for me..the girl against the barricade capturing the love on film..


Love sounds like my all time favorite song "Malibu"...ironic that it's sung by the amazing Courtney Love


Love smells like deliciously briny Huntington Beach air...


And love smells like a cup of Rolo hot chocolate after a walk on a cold, winter day..


Next week...LIGHT!

3 comments:

  1. Great post! Love was actually harder to do than I initially thought but it inspired something better. A way to share what is inspiring me from the week. Thanks for playing along, even with the changes. :)

    xo tam

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a little firecracker!
    Let me say first....Conlan is such a beautiful boy! I absolutely adore that picture of the two of you at the top of this post.
    And Hershey's kisses...we are on the same wavelength my friend....you will see what I mean tomorrow ;)
    Despite your heartache Kiersten, there is a lot of love in your life....you are deliciously open to those little reminders.
    This post has inspired me...I wasn't sure what I wanted to write about tomorrow...I think I will follow your lead, if you don't mind. :)
    Sending you love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love doing these and I have Tammy to thank for that. It makes you search your heart, you know? Thanks Jaime..I think Conlan is a pretty gorgeous kid too! He gets that from me! haha
    I am so looking forward to your blog tomorrow! Tammy would love that she inspired someone else!

    And firecracker, huh? I think I like that. xoxo

    ReplyDelete