Saturday, January 29, 2011

Inspired 5 ~ Blue

What does BLUE look like, feel like, taste like, sound like, smell like?




For me, blue has always represented infinity.

Vast cerulean skies with billowing white clouds over wide open spaces, deep indigo waves rolling in from the ocean that stretches into the horizon where it dances with the sky above. If I dive beneath the surface to be the mermaid in my heart, if I take flight into the air like the caged bird within longs to...would I be forever lost to the world of blue I discover?


Blue has always been a source of peace for me. All my spirit needs is to answer the siren call and head to the beach, where blue settles over my soul and heals all the broken pieces, one vibrant shade at a time.

Blue feels like summer. It feels like icy waves crashing against sunkissed skin, it feels like bliss as you dive into the liquid quiet.


It feels like freedom...the tern divebombing, the eagle soaring his majestic wings, the starlings taking flight...it feels like escape.


Blue tastes like blue freezies. Mmmm deliciousness.


Blue looks like the whirring of a bird's ruffled feathers as it soars through azure skies


It looks like the precious pieces of sea glass collected from the beaches I love, now residing in my home



It looks like a glorious, sundrenched day at Hubbards Beach when Leanne wed TJ in the most magical ceremony I have ever witnessed through my lens. It looks like true love.


Blue smells like briny air. It smells like salt water. It smells like home. Can't you see that I belong there?



Blue sounds like the melodic Joni Mitchell ...




What does blue mean to you?


2 comments:

  1. Great post. I love sea glass, too. xo tam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that two of your pieces of sea glass look like hearts?

    To think of blue representing infinity....how incredible is that thought! Something I never considered before, but it is so true...the two largest things in our world, both air and sea, are infinitely blue. Doesn't it make you feel so very small? It's a comforting thing to me.

    I haven't had a blue freezie since I was about 9. Now I feel all nostalgic for blue tongued laughter and the sweet tastes of summer.

    Beautiful post, my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete